Brace yourselves, Father’s Day is coming! I’m sure some dads would prefer simply a can of beer, but where does the romantic go in this case? We are grown up, but that does not necessary mean we have to be boring. Be creative instead and make a present that will truly surprise your father! You don’t need to be an expert at crafting to do something valuable and beautiful(it will have more sentimental value if it’s hand-made). Here an interesting and easy to make project. Of course, there is always a chance to mess the things up. Remember the ”So I saw this on Pinterest…nailed it!” sort of pictures, but be optimistic! Just in case prepare a bottle of his favourite beer.
Moustache Framed Art
What You’ll Need
- A glue
- A frame coloured in the desired colour. Choose a medium-sized one. The problem with the large ones is that it is very hard to find the most appropriate place. If he is going to keep it on his bureau, for example, it will take too much space which is not comfortable. A friend of mine gave me a big frame a couple of months ago and I was constantly riding it down, until one day I just reconciled. This adorable item is hidden somewhere in my wardrobe now. So deep, even my cat can’t find it. Pay attention to little details when you’re choosing a present.
- Moustaches. You can buy them if you prefer(and if you don’t have the time and nerves), but it’s better to make them by yourself.
- Three pieces of high-quality cardboard
- Acrylic Paints(Blue is the men colour, everybody knows that!). Light blue seems cheerful enough. You can choose whatever you want, of course in case you don’t share my taste. Although, you have to admit that a pink frame would be pretty awkward.
- A pencil and a rubber
- Wrapping paper
- A ribbon
- A tape
What You Have to Do
- Take the pencil and draw two or three moustaches(it’s better to be three)on the first sheet of cardboard. In case you twist a line, delete it with the rubber and try again until you are satisfied with the results. Then cut them precisely.
- Paint the second piece of cardboard in the colour you’ve chosen.
- Glue the moustaches to the painted piece of cardboard. Wait for the glue to harden.
- Put them in the frame.
- Take a pen and write something personal and warm on the back of the frame.
- Wrap it beautifully and give it to your father! And don’t forget the beer and the potato chips!